- “We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.”
-- Chuck Palahniuk, "Fight Club".
- “Yes, terrible things happen, but sometimes those terrible things- they save you.”
-- Chuck Palahniuk, "Haunted".
- “If I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear!”
-- Mary Shelley, "Frankenstein".
-“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.”
-- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy".
-“If the living are haunted by the dead, then the dead are haunted by their own mistakes.”
-- Chuck Palahniuk, "Damned".
-“In a world where billions believe their deity conceived a mortal child
with a virgin human, it's stunning how little imagination most people
-- Chuck Palahniuk, "Rant".
- “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the
human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of
ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not
meant that we should voyage far.”
-- H.P. Lovecraft, "The Call of Cthulhu"
- "Try to put well in practice what you already know; and in so doing,
you will in good time, discover the hidden things which you now inquire
about. Practice what you know, and it will help to make clear what now
you do not know".
- "There's a Rembrandt trapped in this body, it's your job to find it"
-- George W. Bush a su instructor de pintura.
- "Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water.
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water
in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes
the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can
flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
-- Bruce Lee
- "There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level".
-- Bruce Lee
- "J'aurais dû ne pas l'écouter, me confia-t-il un jour, il ne faut jamais écouter les fleurs. Il faut les regarder et les respirer."
-- Antoine de Saint Exupéry, "Le Petit Prince"
- "In space no one can hear you scream"
-- Slogan promocional de "Alien"
- "After over a year, it was time to end the scheme. But unlike in real life, the GDR would get the sendoff it deserved."
-- Alexander Kerner, "Goodbye Lenin!"
- "Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad".
-- Salvador Dalí